|Built:||1908, 1911, 1923|
|Motor:||Four-cylinder petrol engine|
|Power:||40 hp (30 kW)|
One of these later cars was destroyed in a fire in 1921, a slightly larger replacement was built in 1923. In the late 1920s the cars' engines were replaced by Leyland motors. They survived in service, now with LNER, until 1939 when it was decided to withdraw them from use because of their unsuitability for use in any other duties. All three cars were scrapped.
|Original 1908 petrol car |
 "New Petrol Rail Inspection Car", Railway Times (April 1908) p. 386