|Builder:||Leeds City Tramways Works|
|Motor:||2 Dick Kerr 9A electric motors (DC OHLE)|
|Power:||100 hp (75 kW)|
The preserved car 345 belongs to a later batch of Hamilton cars which had a longer body. The tram is a prime example of how cars could be upgraded and modified during their careers. As built in 1921 it had open platforms and was rather old fashioned even as built.
In 1939 it was rebuilt with enclosed platforms, a bow collector instead of a trolly pole and the original DK 9A motors replaced by Dick Kerr 30B1s. Cars modified in this way became known as Convert Cars. Tram 345 was withdrawn from service in 1949 but retained for use at Swinegate Depot. It was preserved in 1959 and is now at Crich Tramway Museum.
|345 at Crich|
|Close-up of the entry doors|
|Another view of 345|