Andrew Barclay 376

Andrew Barclay built locomotive 376 in the early Post War period to it's then standard design, it is very similar to the locomotives built for the Army at the end of the Second World War like Andrew Barclay 371. AB376 however was destined for civilian industrial use, it was supplied to Lever Brothers at their Port Sunlight works.

Information
Built: 1948
Builder: Andrew Barclay
Motor: Gardner 8-cylinder diesel
Power: 150 hp (112 kW)
Wheel arrangement: 0-4-0

When those works closed AB376 was sold to British Gypsum and worked at their site at Erith until retirement and preservation in 1985. For a time the locomotive was at the North Downs Steam Railway then later the Spa Valley Railway. Nowadays it is at the Tyseley Locomotive Works. It is currently being restored.
AB376 at Tyseley Locomotive Works

Rear view of 376