|Number built:||14 (12 Driving Motors and 2 Trailers)|
|Builder:||Brush / Leeds Forge|
|Motor:||2 GE212 electric motors per car|
The new trains introduced a number of new features. Although they retained the end of car gates as earlier tube stock they also had hinged centre doors. These were still hand operated though had electric locks and safety mechanisms to prevent the train starting before the door had closed. They also had improved interiors and better riding thanks to anti-vibration material fitted under the springs . Unlike earlier tube stock they did not have a clerestory roof to retain heat in the winter.
They also had emergency lighting powered by an onboard battery in the event of current loss. They were also the first tube stock to have interpole electric motors which reduced sparking and improved reliability. They had automatic acceleration .
The cars were of all steel construction built by Brush (ten driving motors) and Leeds Forge (two driving motors and the two new trailers) . The tube stock remained in service until the mid-1930s when it was withdrawn.
|Brush built DM 43 |
|Interior view |
 J. Graeme Bruce, The London Underground Tube Stock (Ian Allan, 1988) p. 45
 "New Motor Cars for the Baker Street and Waterloo", Railway Times (February 14, 1914) p. 151
 Piers Connor, The London Underground Electric Train (Crowood Press, 2015) p. 55
 Mike Horne, The Bakerloo Line (Capital Transport, 2001) p. 30