The trams took their power from an underground electric conduit. The B Class received a number of modifications early on in their lives, they were retrofitted with top covers. One interesting modification was the original reversed staircase was replaced by a direct staircase on Metropolitan Police instruction as the original staircase obscured part of the driver's view (the very similar preserved Leicester Corporation tram shows the original staircase). The B Class trams were withdrawn from service by 1931 .
|Builder:||Electric Railway & Carriage Company|
|Motor:||2 DK24A later Westinghouse 220 electric motors (DC Conduit)|
|Power:||84 hp (62 kW)|
LCC 106 is preserved at Crich. It was converted to a snow broom and fitted with a trolley for overhead electric collection in 1925. It continued in service until 1952 when it was preserved. During the 1970s work began to restore it to a passenger carrying tram.
|Two views of 106 at Crich|
|106 carries the London County Council livery|
 R.W. Kidner, The London Tramcar 1861-1952 (Oakwood Press, 1992) p. 57
 Ibid. p. 63